Dr Susanne Grohé
Dr. Susanne Grohé is a founding partner of Annerton Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH. She heads the Berlin office and mainly advises on payment services & payment services supervision law, banking & regulatory banking law, e-money and blockchain & DLT, e-commerce and also on anti-money laundering law and outsourcing.
Dr. Grohé previously served as the Head of PayPal’s legal department for the German-speaking countries and is therefore very familiar with an in-house lawyer’s perspective. As a core author she regularly publishes posts on our blog “PAYMENT.TECHNOLOGY.LAW.” (PayTechLaw) and also hosts our podcast PayTechTalk.
The Legal 500 recognised Dr. Grohé in 2021 and 2022 in its ranking for Germany as a leading individual in FinTech. Chambers and Partners recognised her in 2020, 2021 and 2022 as “Ranked Lawyer” (Category FinTech Legal Germany).
- Since 2020: Founding partner of Annerton Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- 2017-2019: Partner at Aderhold Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- 2014-2016: Director Legal DEATCH, PayPal Deutschland GmbH, Berlin
- 2014: Senior Legal Counsel, eBay Corporate Service GmbH, Berlin
- 2010-2013: General Counsel, Bundesdruckerei, Berlin
- 2008-2010: Senior Legal Counsel, PayPal Deutschland GmbH
- 2007-2008: Lawyer at Linklaters, Corporate M&A
- 2006: Legal department of Schering AG
- 2004: Accreditation as mediator with the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR) in London
- 2002-2006: Lawyer at Linklaters, Litigation and Corporate M&A
- 1999-2001: Training Contract in Berlin
- 1998-1999: Visiting Researcher, Georgetown University Law School, Washington D.C., USA
- 1994-1997: Law degree at Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- 1992-1994: Legal studies at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
- Payment services law
- Payment services supervisory law
- Banking law
- Banking supervisory law
- Financial services law
- Anti-money laundering law
- Crypto & digitisation
- Corporate law
- Hat die Sepa-Lastschrift das Zeug zu einem europaweiten Zahlungsmittel? (Do Sepa direct debits have what it takes to become a Europe-wide method of payment?) Cards Karten cartes, 14 August 2019.
- Dissertation: Durchbrechung der Rechtskraft und Relief from Judgment: Die außerordentliche Aufhebung und Abänderung rechtskräftiger Urteile im deutschen und US-amerikanischen Zivilprozessrecht. (A legal comparison of relief from judgment in German and US law)